Marvel Super Special
After the success of Star Wars, science fiction comics were churned out at a rate not seen since the ’50s. The film proved there was definitely a wider market for the genre and Marvel Comics did all they could to cash in. New SF-based characters were developed and appeared almost monthly. Most were unsuccessful but a few, like the character in this issue’s lead story, Star-Lord, have experienced a bit of popularity. A later Star-Lord story would mark the first collaboration of writer Chris Claremont & artist John Byrne, the creative team that would eventually propel the X-Men into comics superstardom.
Star-Lord would go on to join & lead the Guardians Of The Galaxy, an intergalactic team of adventurers which will be featured in a film scheduled to be released in 2014. Chris Pratt (Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty) is slated to portray the Star-Lord character.
- World In A Bottle – Star-Lord story
Doug Moench story, Gene Colan/Tom Palmer art
- To Sleep, Perchance To Die
Marc Dacy story, Ernie Colon art
- SF In Animation – text article – a brief history of science fiction animation
by Maurice Horn
- #86 Star Lord! (longboxgraveyard.com)
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Relaunch Trading Card Art (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ In Production; Character Animation Detailed (screenrant.com)
- Executive Producer Victoria Alonso Talks about GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot (collider.com)
- Chris Pratt Will Lead Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ (screenrant.com)
- Chris Pratt To Star In Guardians of the Galaxy (marveldisassembled.com)