The title says it all, especially “Compact,” at only 93 pages. I’m not a hunter but I can’t imagine this being more than an introduction to the hobby given the number of photos included… lots of old dudes in funny hats next to animal carcasses.
A paperback original first edition. Illustrated with photos throughout.
Title: The Compact Book Of Hunting
Editor: Jim Rikhoff
Imprint & Number: American Sports Library 110
Cover price: 75¢
Publication date: 1964
Cover artist: photo
- Preface by Ray Ovington
- Introduction by Jim Rikhoff
- Hunting In America by Jim Rikhoff
- Big Game Hunting by Clyde Ormond
- Small Game Hunting by Gene A Hill
- Upland Game Bird Hunting by John R Falk
- Gunning The Lowlands by Grits Gresham
- Varmint Hunting by Jim Rikhoff
- Gun Talk by Bob Swirz
- Safety Rules And Regulations by Jim Rikhoff
- Where And What To Hunt In America by Jim Rikhoff
Apparently, Grits Gresham was something of a celebrity, hosting ABC’s The American Sportsman from 1966 to 1979.
- ‘Hunting’ for things to do? (pjstar.com)
- Wyo. Bison Hunt Hits Goal Of 200 By Season Close (k2radio.com)