In a moment of drunken sentiment, Evan Tanner had made an absurd promise – to smuggle himself into the Soviet Union, find his friend’s long-lost love, and bring her back to the U.S.
But the long-lost love had a sister. And the sister had ten swinging girlfriends – the sexy Latvian gymnastic team. And then, of course, there was the doddering old man, defecting from Yugoslavia, and the six-year-old heiress to the Lithuanian throne, who Tanner had picked up along the way. And they all wanted to be smuggled to America. An impossible task for most men, but Evan Tanner was not an ordinary man…
The 3rd of 8 novels featuring Evan Tanner, ex-soldier & adventurer who, because of an injury sustained during the Korean War, is a permanent insomniac.
Title: Tanner’s Twelve Swingers
Author: Lawrence Block
Imprint & Number: Jove 08106
Cover price: 2.95
Publication date: 1985
Cover artist: uncredited
- Quotes for Writers (and peope who like quotes) Lawrence Block (bridgetwhelan.com)
- From Lawrence Block: “No, But I Read The Book…” (somecamerunning.typepad.com)
- In Pursuit of Spenser (leegoldberg.typepad.com)
- Scudder Fans Rejoice! (leegoldberg.typepad.com)
- Belly Up to the Bar with Lawrence Block (thomaspluck.com)
- 10 HarperCollins Kindle Books About Writing for $1.99 (janetboyer.typepad.com)