Welcome to Cold Mountain Penitentiary, home to the Depression-worn men of E Block. Convicted killers all, each awaits his turn to walk the Green Mile, keeping a date with “Old Sparky,” Cold Mountain’s electric chair. Prison guard Paul Edgecombe has seen his share of oddities in his years working the Mile. But he’s never seen anyone like John Coffey, a man with the body of a giant and the mind of a child, condemned for a crime terrifying in its violence and shocking in its depravity. In this place of ultimate retribution, Edgecombe is about to discover the terrible, wondrous truth about Coffey, a truth that will challenge his most cherished beliefs… and yours.
Originally published serially in 6 parts, this is the complete version, a movie tie-in published in conjunction with the 1999 film starring Tom Hanks & Michael Clarke Duncan. Illustrated by Mark Geyer.
- Stephen King’s ‘Under the Dome’ Adapted for the Small Screen (contactmusic.com)
- Review: The Green Mile (1999) (zuts.wordpress.com)
- Stephen King’s Debt to Horror Comics (Graphic Novelties) (popmatters.com)
- John Mellencamp’s Musical With Stephen King Nearing Completion (rollingstone.com)
- The Great Stephen King Re-read: Night Shift (tor.com)