Be warned: the strange and holocaustal fiction of Philip K Dick is known to corrode the spirit, unsettle the mind and terminate the fond illusions of humankind. The fifteen stories here collected for the first time are neither wondrous nor nice. Their publication is to be considered an act of war against the way things are in the Universe.
A paperback original first edition anthology.
Title: The Golden Man
Author: Philip K Dick (Mark Hurst, ed.)
Imprint & Number: Berkley 04288-X
Cover price: 2.25
Publication date: 1980
Cover artist: Walter Velez
- The Golden Man (Worlds of If, 4/54)
- Return Match (Galaxy, 1967)
- The King of the Elves (Beyond Fantasy Fiction, 9/53)
- The Mold of Yancy (Worlds of If, 8/55)
- Not By Its Cover (Famous Science Fiction, Summer/68, sequel to Beyond Lies the Wub)
- The Little Black Box (Worlds Of Tomorrow, 8/64)
- The Unreconstructed M (The Original Science Fiction Stories, 1/57)
- The War with the Fnools (Galaxy, 1969)
- The Last of the Masters (Orbit Science Fiction, 11/54)
- Meddler (Future Science Fiction, 10/54)
- A Game of Unchance (Amazing Stories, 7/64)
- Sales Pitch (Future Science Fiction, 6/54)
- Precious Artifact (Galaxy, 10/64)
- Small Town (Amazing Stories, 5/54)
- The Pre-persons (The Magazine Of Fantasy and Science Fiction, 10/74)
The title story, originally published in 1954, is the basis for the 2007 Nicholas Cage/Jessica Biel stinker Next.
The King Of The Elves is in film development by Walt Disney.