New Writings In Science Fiction is a close look at the far-out – a continuing selection of the best thinking by the most exciting writers of our time.
SF7 includes two short novels: Colin Kapp’s “The Pen And The Dark,” a sinister, inexplicable construction on an alien planet… Vincent King’s “Defense Mechanism,” a dark vision of the way megacity can die…
And stories about the impossibly probable future by five major new writers.
Foreword by the editor. Technically a paperback original first edition, as the contents of this paperback version do not directly correspond to the previously published UK hardback or paperback editions of the same title of the series. See below for original publication information for each story.
- Colin Kapp – The Pen and the Dark (New Writings in S-F 8, 1966)
- Arthur Sellings – Gifts of the God (New Writings in S-F 9, 1966)
- Vincent King – Defense Mechanism (New Writings in S-F 9, 1966)
- Douglas R Mason – The Man Who Missed the Ferry (New Writings in S-F 7, 1/66)
- John Rankine (pseud. of Douglas R Mason) – Six Cubed Plus One (New Writings in S-F 7, 1/66)
- William Spencer – The Long Memory (New Writings in S-F 9, 1/66)
- Robert Presslie – The Night of the Seventh Finger (New Writings in S-F 7, 1/66)