Holmes and Watson are faced with their most terrifying case yet. The legend of the devil-beast that haunts the moors around the Baskerville families home warns the descendants of that ancient clan never to venture out in those dark hours when the power of evil is exalted. Now, the most recent Baskerville, Sir Charles, is dead and the footprints of a giant hound have been found near his body. Will the new heir meet the same fate?
Arguably Doyle’s most famous Sherlock Holmes story in paperback with bondage cover. Originally serialized in The Strand Magazine from 8/1901 to 4/1902. Purchased with a lot of 100 great older paperbacks at the Lakewood Fairgrounds flea market in Atlanta, GA.
Gary Lovisi’s Antique Trader Collectible Paperback Price Guide has this edition valued between $5 and $80, depending on condition.
- Hound of the Baskervilles sniffs out wide audience (greatpenformances.wordpress.com)
- Sherlock Holmes author Arthur Conan Doyle’s home setback (standard.co.uk)
- Sherlock Holmes first edition goes on display (standard.co.uk)
- Dark Horse takes on the master of deduction in The Hound of the Baskervilles (mediocrityisthenewgenius.com)
- Sherlock Holmes returns to Dynamite Entertainment in stores 12/12/12! (whatchareading.com)
- Arthur Conan Doyle Discusses Sherlock Holmes and Psychics in a Rare Filmed Interview (1927) (openculture.com)